How to use icing sheets?
Please note that all our ingredients (including the edible ink cartridges) are FDA and EU approved, and Kosher. We also obtained NIHT Halaal approval in February 2013.
The shelf life of an unprinted icing sheet is 2 years and may last longer, If it is sealed in it's ziplock bag and not exposed to air or direct sunlight.
Frequently asked questions
How to use on butter-cream icing?
1. With dry hands, place the icing picture on a freshly decorated butter-iced cake.
2. Pat down to make sure that there are no air bubbles underneath the sheet.
3. Leave for 20 to 30 minutes to allow the picture to melt into the butter-cream icing.
4. The picture will become moist and shiny, creating the look of a photo.
How to use on plastic icing (fondant)?
1. Slightly dampen a clean sponge.
2. With the sponge, rub across the area where your image will be placed.
3. Dry your hands thoroughly.
4. Place the image on the dampened area.
5. Lightly pat down with dry fingers.
6. Take a light plastic rolling pin and roll lightly from left to right to remove air bubbles.
7. Finish off the decoration according to your chosen method.
How to use on ice cream?
1. Line your cake pan with wax paper.
2. Place the pre-frozen ice cream in your cake pan.
3. Place in the freezer for about 2 hours.
4. Whip up some Orley Whip™.
5. Remove ice cream cake from freezer.
6. Quickly spread a thin layer of whipped Orley Whip™ on top of the cake.
7. Place the printed image on top, smooth out with dry hands and return to the freezer for 3 hours.
8. Remove the cake from the freezer and pipe a border around the image.
9. Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
How to use on Chocolate?
1. Print the image and place it in a ziplock bag.
2. Melt the chocolate.
3. Remove the image from the bag and cut out the shapes.
4. Place the images upside down (picture facing down) into the moulds.
5. Pour melted chocolate into the mould and leave to set.
6. Carefully remove from moulds.